The parish church of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (1757) was built on the site of an earlier church dating back to the 15th century. The bell tower, built in the Venetian style, was erected in 1691.
After the devastation of the plague, a votive church dedicated to St. Roche was built in Umag in 1514 between two of the town walls.
The church of St. Peregrine was built on the coast at Đuba in the 12th century on the site of his martyrdom (303 AD). St. Peregrine is the patron saint of the parish and the town of Umag.
THE WEEPING MOTHER OF GOD - MURINE
The 14th century church in the town was destroyed in 1954 together with its bell tower and hall. In 1994, a new Weeping Mother of God was built in Murine.
In the 16th century, next to the castle at Sipar on the coast, a small farmstead and church dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene were established - Zambratija. The church was restored in 1752.
The little church of St. Nicholas, previously St Mark's, was built in the 18th century. It has very interesting wooden retables with statues produced by local craftsmen.
Museum of Umag
Trg sv. Martina 1T. +385 (0)52 741440
April-October: 10:00-12:00, 19:00-22:00, Sundays closed
November-March: by prior arrangement
Entrance is free.
In the museum, you can buy souvenir replicas of exhibits.
In the medieval tower, an exhibition of archaeological exhibits from the Roman period has been opened (amphorae, oil lamps, pots). Part of this space is also used for exhibitions of modern artists.